SKAMpede Young Company
- Rehearsal: July 10 - 14 & 17 - 22
- Performances: July 20 - 22 (Matinee and Evening Shows)
- 10am – 4pm
- Tuesday to Saturday and Tuesday to Sunday
- Instructor: Erica Petty
Seeking 15 bright young artists? Are you between the ages of 12 and 17? Are you excited by the whole process of creating and performing new plays?
Young Company members will observe, discuss, critique and befriend national, provincial and local theatre professionals as they rehearse and perform in SKAMpede, a summer theatre festival on the Galloping Goose Trail. In the first week, the Young Company will participate in workshops, discussions and rehearsals facilitated by skilled and professional teachers and have all access passes to the SKAMpede Festival July 14 and 15. After SKAMpede, the Young Company will meet daily to create their own mini-festival of short works to be performed in public spaces on the Galloping Goose Trail. What more could a teen want? How about meals provided? Done! Audition/ interview required to be admitted to this program.
Our goals are:
- To provide a positive impact on the theatre community by working with the earliest of emerging artists in creating creation-based and devised theatre
- Provide professional development training
- Create a direct link between the work of professionals and emerging artists
This program is supported by the BC Arts Council and the Province of British Columbia.
In 2017, the Young Company participated in workshops with Montreal's Johanna Nutter, Vancouver's Eloi Homier, and Halifax's Keep Good (Theatre) Company. The inaugural company created their own show: Awkward: A Variety Show.