For adults interested in dramatic performance. Acting 101 for Adults is a low-pressure exploration of drama games, theatre, improv and short scripts. We touch on basic acting skills and terminology; use improv games to sharpen responses; and dedicate several classes to studying and rehearsing short scripts. Matthew meets each participant at their specific level of confidence and development. Participants learn the fundamentals of voice, movement and basic acting. The workload is light, but there is some memorization involved, particularly as the class progresses. For the last class, we invite outside guests to a sharing of our work in low pressure performance for family and friends.
- October 9 – November 27 (8 weeks)
- Tuesdays: 7:30pm – 9:30pm
- Teaching Artist: Matthew Payne
How to register:
1. Pay with credit card here:
2. Email email@example.com or call the SKAM hotline 250.386.7526 to register via e-transfer or cheque.
- There is a 15% Discount if you register for two or more classes per term. If you are eligible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for two or more classes.