Do you have a desire to assist professional artists in creating outstanding live performance events? Do you prefer a night out with live people to a night in watching Netflix in your sweats? Do you rarely have outbursts? Are you calm under pressure? Then you may be the Operations Manager Theatre SKAM seeks.
- On a mission to create theatre that is innovative and entertaining, and above all – never boring
- Providing varied and provocative live experiences for audiences in Victoria and on tour
- Offering paid employment (28 hours weekly) with benefits package (including dental) at a rate of $16 per hour.
- In touch with another organization interested in job sharing this position. (The right candidate has the potential to increase to 40 hours weekly by job sharing with another professional arts organization.)
- Known for our sense of fun
- Skilled at collaboration
- Able to manage day-to-day communications in an office setting like you were born right there in that office
- Really great with social and traditional media
- A sage when negotiating contracts
- A wizard at tracking deadlines
- Comfortable working with volunteers
- Financially gifted with budget management and fundraising, or secretly harbouring a burning desire to become so
As one of two core staff, you will be responsible for managing theatre operations including contracts, records and office logistics. You will contribute to SKAM communications, fundraising, and artistic delivery with the Artistic Producer and short-term contract staff.
Previous knowledge of the arts, say, a degree or certificate in arts administration, financial management or equivalent administrative experience in a Non-Profit organization, while not necessary, will likely vault you ahead of other candidates.
Theatre SKAM has been entertaining audiences in Victoria and on tour for nearly 21 years and we’re still providing our region with relevant entertaining work; offering opportunities for emerging artists, production teams and staff and making Victoria a better place to live.
Theatre SKAM is also an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants of all shapes and stripes.
Please understand that we will only be responding to those applicants selected for an interview.
Are you in?
Then please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our intent is to conduct interviews October 19th to 23rd and to fill the position by November 2, 2015.